almost 2 years ago
The role is to represent the company in the field to widen the customer base, service and develop existing accounts and feedback activities of competitors and market developments to the board of Directors.
Specified suppliers to major UK supermarket chains, motor manufacturing plants, airports, MOD, supply chain logistics and many more.
- Plan and carry out visits covering assigned territory whereby assisting in erecting and maintaining an effective marketing organisation: minimum of 16 quality meetings per week.
- Offer exemplary customer service at all times.
- Seek enquiries and follow up quotations to ensure sales targets are achieved or exceeded at acceptable margins.
- Keep abreast of product knowledge in both new products introduced and changes to existing range.
- Identify and report (a) activities of competitors (b) product info both existing and new (c) changes in market conditions both economic and political (d) opportunities for product development and new products.
- Update the computer system with customer information, i.e. Visits, agreed prices and terms etc.
- Follow up quotations with their own area.
- Compile monthly report on key areas such as area turnover by period, new customers won, details of projects and outlook for following month, which is to be submitted to Product Director no later than the first Friday of every month. Run other reports as requested by the UK Sales Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that material returns / credit notes are minimised by ensuring that the customer receives exactly what they are expecting.
- Hand over any key account leads or customers that are proving difficult to develop for whatever reason to the UK Business Development Manager to target according to the instruction given by the UK Sales Managers. Accounts won will be included within sales target figures during the financial period.
- Work closely and liaise with the UK Sales Manager - CW by targeting and focusing on agreed leads or customers e.g. Automotive, Aerospace, Plc’s, Major OEM’s, national Catalogue / Industrial Supply Co.’s.
- Strong focus on new business development from both existing and potential customers.