£25,000 - £35,000
about 2 years ago
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Directors
REPORTS TO: Quality and Technical Managers Synopsis
The analyst shall carry out air testing and four stage clearances on the behalf of ASM.
Analysts shall be suitably experienced and qualified holding as a minimum the P403 and P404 qualifications, or RSPH certificate for asbestos analysis (AIR) administered by ATAC (level 3 is required for 4SC) but preferably S301 + CCP.
3 months appropriate experience in 4-stage clearance procedures, followed by competency assessments by a fully qualified analyst. Satisfactory assessments must clearly record that the knowledge and experience of the trainee has been demonstrated, the assessment must consider the types of clearance, the range and types of jobs the analyst will be required to undertake.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Carry out his/her duties in accordance with the Quality Control Manual and other relevant documents as required by standards ISO/IEC 17025:2017, ISO/IEC 17020:2012.
- Undertake all work to the requirements of the laboratories schedule of accreditation, Instruction Manuals, HSG248, HSG 264 and any other Health and Safety Guidance and Statutory Regulations.
- To undertake the overseeing of asbestos removal projects and ensure the work is carried out in a competent and professional manner by the Contractor in accordance with current legislation and statutory requirements.
- Report to the Technical Manager on the performance of Asbestos Removal Contractors.
- Keep up to date with current standards ISO/IEC 17025:2017, ISO/IEC 17020:2012, HSE Regulations, Legislation, ACOP’s and any other relevant documentation.
- Participation in the RICE scheme and internal quality control analysis for maintaining quality standards.
- Check that all equipment used is maintained and in good working order, and returned for calibration in a timely manner/ when asked to do so.
- Carry out other duties that may reasonably be allocated from time to time.