£25,000 - £30,000
almost 3 years ago
Position: Field Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Services Lead
Role: As a Field Engineer within the Services Engineering Team, your mission is to provide AV/VC solutions to customers. Your team is responsible for installing and maintaining AV/VC solutions across multiple sites globally.
Working alongside our Business Assurance and Service Desk teams, you’ll play a pivotal role in troubleshooting and resolving issues with AV solutions.
In this role, you will be expected to travel to both nationally and internationally to carry out work, ranging from first fix through to configuration, testing and handover. For this reason, punctuality, flexibility and organisational skills are crucial.
- Install and maintain superb AV services and solutions
- Interact with peers, end users, managers, and external partners
- Troubleshoot and resolve AV system issues
- Configure Video Conferencing systems
- Work from schematics
- Work to deadlines
Qualifications / Experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- AV installation and troubleshooting experience
- Full clean driving licence
- Current passport
- Physically able to perform installations
- Very good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident and professional when dealing with clients
- AV/VC installation experience in large organisations, and demonstrable AV/VC knowledge
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- Knowledge of network infrastructures
- Interest in AV/VC technology
- Ability to use cloud-based systems and AV hardware and software, including AV testing equipment.
- Experience with and the ability to configure DSP technology
- Understanding of H323 and SIP standards
- Cable termination skills