£35,000 - £45,000
over 2 years ago
My client is a British manufacturer of conference microphone / voting & integrated interpretation systems used by governments and councils throughout the world.
They specialise in fitting hardware and software solutions to customer requirements, creating an exciting environment for innovation and growth.
Their work is often varied, and gives engineers the opportunity to take full ownership of a project and develop their own solutions to problems.
Our most pressing requirement is support for our existing digital conference system, based on time division multiplexing on a 100Base-T physical interface. The product uses a mix of FPGA and embedded microcontroller code, with PCBs designed and maintained within the Altium suite. This product line is the core of the business, and is in continual development to add functionality for new projects.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate experience of designing consumer products, and delivering their designs to manufacture. The candidate will understand that the company thrives on developing new products, and delivering these products to customer installations. Free thinking is encouraged to come up with innovative solutions to projects.
New development projects expected in the near future:
- DSP / FPGA based audio over IR distribution system, built to an existing international standard and transmission protocol.
- Development of a wireless conference microphone system, using high band Wi-Fi.
- Support and development of our existing Digital audio conference system, using time division multiplexing on a 100Base-T physical interface.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to design simple Analogue Audio circuits, schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Able to design Digital microprocessor circuits, schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Skilled in FPGA design and support of existing projects. Knowledge of Spartan-6 FPGAs would be a significant advantage.
- Surface mount assembly and re-work for prototyping.
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of designing consumer products, and understand the importance of delivering a project to production on time.
- Good PC / Windows skills (Ability to upgrade / install a computer from scratch, and provide support to those that are not as proficient)
- Experience of designing simple sheet metal enclosures would be an advantage.
A Valid Passport, UK driving license and ability to travel when needed.
Career Level: Senior (Self Motivated, able to manage one’s self)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year