Up to 35000 DOE
almost 3 years ago
Overall Purpose of the position
To ensure that customers with automated gates and barriers receive the highest level of technical service, so that site is both secure and safe for the maximum time possible.
- Offer technical advice when appropriate, especially to other Service Engineers.
- Assist with job planning, including scheduling engineers, identifying parts to be ordered.
- Complete routine service inspections and maintenance visits.
- Attend site for emergency breakdowns.
- Carry out gate repairs, including safety upgrades; installation of new equipment.
- Undertake fault diagnosis.
- Recommend suitable repairs or upgrades to allow for accurate estimating by the office.
- Accurately record information on the relevant documentation, including service sheets; force tests; attendance reports; time sheets; expenses claim forms etc.
- Work in a logical and efficient manner to the highest quality possible.
- Ensure communication is timely, clear, concise and in the appropriate manner.
- Handle customers politely and appropriately.
- Be able to understand and interpret technical manuals and drawings.