Cheshire West and Chester
almost 3 years ago
My client is a well-established and successful Instrumentation & Calibration Service Provider, who pride themselves on delivering a quality UKAS service for our clients.
This is a hands-on role that will suit a motivated self-starter with excellent engineering, organisational and time management skills.
Training to various UKAS accreditations will be supplied
To carry out day-to-day technical activities covering various Instrumentation calibrations at client sites.
To manage their jobs and provide supervisory expertise on site as required. The role will also include Laboratory equipment service and calibration where required and relevant training will be provided where necessary.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- To support and assist in the daily activities of the company in the following areas:
a. Instrumentation calibration and fault finding of various process equipment.
b. Maintenance, calibration, fault finding and repair of various types of laboratory equipment.
c. To provide technical support commensurate with experience and qualifications
d. To provide documentation as defined in the Companies Quality Procedure.
- To convey at all times, a professional, positive and customer driven image of my client.
- To act as the interface between client and employer
- To develop and maintain an effective knowledge of current working regulations.
- Minimum HNC or equivalent
- A very high skill level for practical fault finding and repair on a varied range of non-specialised laboratory equipment e.g centrifuges, incubators, fume hoods (Minimum 5 years previous experience)
- Electrically competent. (240Vac)
- Competent with instrumentation calibrations such as pressure, temperature, flow, conductivity etc.
- Hold a current clean driving license.
- Have demonstrable supervisory skills.
- Hold a current, valid Safety Passport (not compulsory)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- PC literate on Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as within a team.
- An open-minded approach to new initiatives.
- Ability to manage and plan own workload.
- Complete all paperwork accurately
- Customer Focused