over 2 years ago
- providing help and advice to customers using your organisation's products or services
- Order Input and vetting. Commercial and contractual terms.
- Advise customers on delivery issues
- Monitor call handling and efficiency of call handling.
- Monitor and record service Dept. response and customer satisfaction.
- Call customers after shipment of goods/services to ensure they are satisfied.
- communicating courteously with customers by telephone, email, letter and face-to-face
- producing written information for customers, often involving use of computer packages and software
- writing reports analysing the customer service that your organisation provides
- improving customer service procedures, policies and standards for your organisation or department.
Degree or HND in the following subjects:
- business studies
- consumer studies
- management studies
You will need to show:
- communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advise customers clearly and to liaise effectively with other professionals
- listening skills, to understand exactly what customers require
- problem-solving skills
- confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when dealing with difficult situations
- motivational skills and an ability to supervise and lead a team of customer service assistants
- creative thinking, to be able to come up with new ideas to improve customer service standards
- an ability to work well under pressure
- organisational and planning skills to develop customer service policies
- good personal presentation, especially when working with customers face-to-face
- a commitment to improve your own customer service skills on an ongoing basis.