almost 2 years ago
Main Purpose of the Role
To manage the despatch function for the Manchester plant and export shipments for the Halesowen plant, organising and managing the shipment of product both for domestic and for export customers.
- Coordination and fulfilment of product despatch for both RMI and AIL businesses.
- Management of the despatch team, being responsible for day to day effectiveness and personnel management.
- On time despatch of orders satisfying customer expectations.
- Management of correct documentation for product shipment ensuring compliance with international legislation and commercial terms.
- Liaise with customer representatives facilitating pre-delivery inspections and supply of appropriate documentation and certificates.
- Management of the relationship with external transport partners ensuring on time delivery to our customers.
- Health and safety of oneself and others
- Adherence to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and other National Standards.
- Extensive experience of international shipping documentation and compliance.
- Good knowledge of UK transportation requirements and haulage industry standards.
- Leadership skills with an ability to motivate team members
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills and Excellent organisation skills
- Preferably IOSH/17th Edition qualified
- Knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing techniques