over 1 year ago
- To service and repair forklift trucks.
- To provide reliable information to the customer with regards to maintenance, consultation on repairs and to provide advice on the use of equipment.
- To carry out inspections and monitor the safety of the repaired and maintained trucks.
- To liaise with the Service Controller, customer and Regional Service Manager to ensure information regarding individual forklifts and equipment is shared including damage or requests for a replacement truck in the event of a long repair, as well as keeping all relevant parties up to date with the progress of work activities.
- To work closely with the Sales team and refer leads.
- To accurately complete job sheets, timesheets and purchase requisition and parts paperwork within the required timescales.
- To make proposals for the improvement of the implementation of work activities and working conditions.
- To ensure Health & Safety standards, regulations and procedures are abided by at all times.
- To take responsibility for all equipment and tooling (including van/laptop/printer etc) and ensure that it is in a safe condition for the type of work being undertaken.
- To obtain customer purchase orders and signed authorisation to carry out work.
- To take responsibility for van weight and safe/roadworthy condition before use.
- To take full responsibility for stock on van and assigned to jobs raised.
- To work to and understand KPIs relating to service, admin and stock.
- To work to strict planned schedules and deadlines.
- To ensure quality standards and procedures are abided by at all times.
- To ensure that a clean and safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- To actively participate in training days, work meetings and other meetings for the exchange of information.
- To deliver first class customer service at all times.
- Flexibility with hours will be necessary with overtime premiums payable. In addition the successful candidate will be expected to work on a call-out rota.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be required to enable the Group to meet future plans.