Up to £29,000 depending on experience
over 4 years ago
We have provided over 60 years of service to the petroleum and fuelling industries. Regularly supporting in excess of 2000 sites on a contractual basis, they are now looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer to expand their fuel equipment maintenance team.
The successful Field Service Engineer will have some experience working on fuel pumps (or demonstrable experience working on pumping equipment for other industries).
We would be interested in applicants from other maintenance engineering industries who are multi skilled and are looking for a career in the Petroleum field service industry. Applicants from a systems engineering or software background welcome.
This role naturally involves working from home and responding swiftly and efficiently to call-outs, ensuring pump faults & general servicing are carried out and to a high standard. Smart appearance and the ability to deal directly with clients are a must.
The Field Service Engineer will be a confident communicator with excellent customer service skills and the ability to work alone, managing your own workload. The successful applicant will work 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday with an additional regular (1 in 3) weekend and bank holiday rota.
Your duties as a Field Service Engineer – Petroleum Industry will include:
- Diary / route planning & working on own initiative to carry out daily workload.
- Carry out engineering works to fuel pumps and fuel management systems as required by either service contract or fault notification.
- Order & return of spares & servicing equipment to head office as appropriate.
- Maintain work equipment & vehicle in accordance with company policy.
The ideal Candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- Experience of working on fuel pumps or another type of pumping equipment.
- Or have multi skilled maintenance experience
- Experience dealing with customers face to face.
- Good IT skills (previous experience using a PDA or similar would be of great benefit).
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Responsibilities and Duties
Travelling to customer sites to perform maintenance tasks on fuel pumps and tank gauges.
Preventative Maintenance Inspections
Qualifications and Skills
Educated to at least GCSE standard.
Previous experience of maintenance on petrol forecourt preferred.
Company Pension Scheme.
Death in Service Cover
28 days holiday (including statutory), increasing with time served.
Sick Pay, increasing with time served.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,000.00 to £29,000.00 /year
- Field Service Engineer: 1 year
- Various, UK
Required licence or certification: