£30,000 - £40,000
about 3 years ago
Job Title: Service Engineer
Department: Service Department
Reports to: Service Manager
Role of the department
The role of the Service Department is to install, service, commission, undertake warranty works and provide after sales support for all industrial systems
To carry out servicing, commissioning and repair of humidification equipment and Air Curtains whilst making use of opportunities to promote maintenance contracts and company products.
These are listed under separate headings and are not in priority order
Servicing & Commissioning
- To service, commission and repair specified company and competitor products in accordance with the product technical manuals, best practises and relevant procedures
- To undertake planned maintenance on service contract sites in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- To become the primary point of contact (lead engineer) for local service contract sites, assisting with scheduling planned visits and ordering the associated parts
- To make use of opportunities to promote planned maintenance benefits, adjusting contracts as required.
- To undertake warranty work and clarify whether works are covered under policy
- To ensure that all parts replaced under warranty are recorded and returned to the factory in accordance with the warranty return procedures
- To survey and undertake minor installation and upgrade work, working with installation sub-contractors
Continuing professional development
- To deliver training to other engineers, colleagues and customers as appropriate on basic operation, servicing, commissioning, fault finding & H&S requirements. To provide technical support to service team as appropriate
- To engage in self-development to ensure skills, knowledge and competencies remain up to date and relevant
- To actively seek opportunities to promote company products and encourage customers to take out service contracts
- To feedback sales leads and using internal system and take responsibility for checking on status and chasing
- To develop and maintain good relationships with key contract customers
- To identify the clients needs and recommend an appropriate working solution
- To promptly produce clear reports detailing work complete, parts used and other relevant information regarding action
- To ensure that regular communication is maintained with the Service Department Internal Team and instigate appropriate action to ensure a smooth professional service is maintained for the customer
- To ensure the Service Manager is informed of operational, quality and H&S issues as they arise
- To plan, validate site visits and communicate any specific requirements to the Service Department Internal Team as well as contacting the site in advance of the visit
- To respond to customer and internal technical enquiries as requested
- To promote a positive image of the Company when meeting and speaking with customers
- To communicate information clearly and concisely on the telephone and assist customers with technical problems
- To discuss with customers ways of offering further help, advising on service recommendations and solutions
Care of equipment
- To maintain tools and equipment, including Toughpad and phone in good operational order according to the Quality system procedures.
- To maintain the company van is clean, organised, stocked and in good order. To ensure it is serviced at the appropriate times in line with the requirements of the Company Vehicle Policy
- To maintain the vehicle stock, installation materials and fittings in good condition and at the correct level.
- To ensure that all issued PPE and equipment including ladders are suitable and available for site visits, in good order and within date.
- To ensure that equipment is checked on a regular basis and faults are attended to promptly
- To ensure good housekeeping and that the working area is maintained in a tidy way
- To consider ways of improving the products and efficiency of the department
- To consider ways of increasing the business and profitability of the company
- To engage in training and development in line with the requirements of the business
Health & Safety and Quality
To ensure that quality and H&S is maintained at all times. Policies and procedures are followed in line with, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14000, OHSAS 18001, Investors in People and the H&S policy
- To comply with H & S procedures and to have a duty of care towards oneself and others as follows:
- carry out dynamic risk assessments on all site visits and take action to minimise risks
- ensure site equipment is safe and appropriate for the job
- highlight concerns and make recommendations as appropriate regarding H&S, hygiene and L8.
- wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)