£25,000 - £35,000
over 1 year ago
My client is looking for a qualified Legionella Risk Assessor in order to strengthen our busy water team. The Legionella Risk Assessor will be responsible for conducting site based Legionella Risk Assessments in accordance with L8 guidance and current legislation. A good knowledge regarding the control of Legionella in Hot and Cold Water Systems is required and the successful candidate may also be expected to provide a wide range of water hygiene related services that will include maintenance and remedial works on water systems as and when required.
The Legionella Risk Assessor will not only be responsible for carrying out Legionella Risk Assessments but also producing schematic drawings, reports and reviews, as well as identifying appropriate recommendations in line with the scope of works. Other responsibilities will include mentoring an internal team of Water Technicians to become competent Legionella Risk Assessors, advancing the internal Legionella Management systems, client liaison, adherence to L8 procedures and involvement with writing method statements and quotations and undertaking audits.
The position requires for the Legionella Risk Assessor to be flexible, work on their own initiative and be confident in front of the client.
- Carrying out Legionella Risk Assessments in a wide range of buildings from domestic homes to large office buildings and from care homes to large and complex sites in line with UKAS 17020 guidelines
- Completing risk assessments reports on the company’s software system based on a mobile IT device – tablet
- Report Writing and Schematic Layout Drawings
- Mentoring of Water Hygiene Technicians up to Legionella Risk Assessors
- Writing reports and reviews, as well as identifying appropriate recommendations in line with the scope of works
- Familiar with domestic, commercial and industrial water systems
- Must be fully conversant with water treatment and the health and safety procedures
- Understanding of approved Code of Practise and Guidance L8 (Fourth Edition)
- City and Guilds or similar ACOP L8 Risk Assessor qualification, although, we welcome applicants who are qualified by experience
- Able to produce assessments that help enable our clients demonstrate compliance with their health and safety requirements
- Knowledge of the management and control of Legionella in water systems is also essential
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Customer focused with good communication skills
- Good degree of computer literacy
- Flexible approach to working hours (travel to other offices may be required as a minimum)
- Full clean driving licence
- Enhanced DBS disclosure may be required for certain sites (cost covered by company)
Why Work For Us
You will receive a competitive salary, increasing as you progress with your professional development, excellent benefits and world-class training at our in-house training facility.
- Competitive basic salary
- Overtime at time and a half
- Company van + fuel card
- Profit share
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Extra holidays after a qualifying period
- Loyalty bonus
- Childcare Vouchers
- Training and development
- Sports & Social Club (Crystal Maze, clay pigeon shooting, afternoon tea, theatre trips, triathlon)
We welcome applications from anyone wanting to further their career in this industry and be become part of a growing team of skilled risk assessors.