10 months ago
- Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Production Manager will have the responsibility for the day to day supervision and planning of the production department in the manufacture/assembly and installation of new platforms installations, along with management of the associated workforce in this area.
- The key aim being; to achieve a profitable and efficient assembly operation and to achieve the production targets/ required output to meet customer expectation.
- In addition to this, and with the engineering bias of the Production Manager, will be able to execute process improvements, advise and drive efficiencies into all areas of the assembly and installation process.
- The Production Manager will be the direct reporting line to the shop floor, managing day to day staff. In essence, authorising holidays, carrying out return to work interviews and liaising with the Human Resources Manager on absence, disciplinary and training related issues.
- The Production Manager will be an experienced Engineer, with knowledge of 5S and Lean Manufacturing.
- An excellent communicator demonstrating good organisational skills, with the ability to work cross functionality.
- Furthermore, the Production Manager will be enthusiastic, a team player and an experienced people manager with the ability to engage and communicate at all levels and be a key stakeholder in the maintaining/improving of a safe working environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Day to day supervision of production workforce of approximately 45-50 employees.
- Production planning, monitoring production output to meet sales targets and OTD expectations.
- To identify and implement production efficiency improvements.
- To identify and implement product quality and assembly method improvements.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Monitor, implement and maintain H&S policies and procedures.
- To liaise with the HR Department with the recruitment of new employees, performance management of existing employees and on-going development of staff.
- To maintain and update on a daily/weekly/monthly basis all production related targets, daily progress and production schedules.
- Identify and maintain KPIs.
- To carry out employee disciplinary discussions and procedures.
- Be instrumental in the implementation of the Epicor Business System.
- To work closely with Sales, Engineering and After Sales departments.
- Help develop the successful operation of the Stores function that supports with production/assembly.