County of Flintshire
over 1 year ago
Our client is a global supplier of components, modules and systems for the Lift industry.
They are looking for a Project Design and Application Engineer to join their UK Operations team. You will be based & work from the Head Office in North Wales with a focus on lift industry specific design and engineering.
Reporting directly to the Operations team leader, the successful candidate will receive full training on company products and become an integral member of the team.
- Manage individual project orders in accordance with internal ISO procedures.
- Be competent in providing designs compliant with relevant industry standards.
- To become conversant and competent with the current IT platforms including the CRM and ERP systems.
- Liaise with internal/external teams with all project related tasks including customer meetings and site surveys.
- Assist with purchasing and cost analysis of all project materials and fabrication.
- You will work within the companies procedures at all times.
- Attend customer meetings and technical site surveys.
- Utilise Solidworks 3D Design to carry out order specific design tasks (all training will be provided);
- Design of industry specific product solutions
- Build 3D model libraries of parts and assemblies
- Produce 2D fabrication / customer approval / assembly drawings
- You will be a motivated individual with excellent time management and a confident member of a team able to assist and communicate with staff at all levels.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to check technical drawings and evaluate design feasibility.
- Able to use own initiative when working alone and within office based teams.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work load and prioritise accordingly.
- You will be punctual, reliable and possess good written and mathematical skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Having excellent IT skills with focus on Microsoft Office applications.
- You will be looking for a career with excellent progression opportunities within an International company.
- Previous experience in the field is preferred; safe access to a lift/site induction familiarisation; full training will be provided.
- Qualification in a design/engineering discipline or industry specific qualifications.
- Knowledge of 3D/2D CAD software preferred however full training will be provided.
- Full UK driving licence.
- 40 hour working week 8:30-17:00 Mon-Fri
- 33 Days paid annual leave including statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme and health care after qualifying period
- Annual salary paid monthly – negotiable depending on experience
- Additional benefits available after probationary period
- Potential company car should travel and site time be required