about 1 year ago
Our client are specialist builders and installers of uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) & diesel generator systems for critical power applications and harsh environments.
Our client is looking to recruit a Project Engineer with previous experience in projects and knowledge within the UPS and or generator field.
The role is predominately home-based but will also require travel to their office in Hampshire as and when required.
To manage a number and range of projects ranging in value from several hundred pounds to hundreds of thousands of pounds with the aim of achieving on budget, profitable, prompt and faultless delivery. Identify opportunities to make efficiency savings and to up sell on the projects to generate additional income while giving the customer an excellent experience and so resulting in customer retention.
- Promote Company vision, mission and values
- Work within SAGE200 to manage all projects, ensuring all required processes are followed.
- Draw up a project plan that meets the customers and the Company’s timescales and monitor progress against programme, taking action where necessary
- Ensure that all work is carried out in the most economical way while ensuring that you meet the agreed project specifications
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers ensuring efficient and effective communication with all parties on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are understood and adhered to by all personnel under your supervision 100% of the time
- Ensure that all equipment is at the site at the agreed date and time
- Produce all required documentation to carry out the project including goods dispatch notes to get equipment out of the warehouse, job sheets for the engineers and method statements and risk assessments
- Arrange the electrical and mechanical installation of all equipment including the commissioning utilising own company staff & occasional sub-contractors
- Ensure that all site and project records are updated and project milestones agreed and signed off
- Plan required resources and liaise with the Service Control to allocate them to the project as appropriate
- Hold regular meetings with the site team and specialist contractors at which safety, programme progress, quality and site co-ordination are reviewed
- Record and report all areas of delay or disruption to the progress of the works and promote resolution of issues identified
- Compile O&M’s in accordance with the contract and supply to client ensuring that a complete, prompt and thorough handover of the Project is achieved
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- CITB SMSTS/SSSTS or CCNSG Safety Passport with ECS Card
- Knowledge of generators and /or UPS including all technical aspects.
- Understanding of Health and Safety for site work
- Evidence of completing projects/prior experience
- Must have worked in an environment where the logistics of getting the equipment and the people to site on time has been paramount and where 24/7/365 operation exists in a technical discipline