£25,000 - £35,000
over 1 year ago
The Pumps Service Engineers role is factory and field based, and part of a Service Team covering the UK.
As a Pumps Service Engineer you will be required to give our clients the best in class quality service. You will provide on-site corrective / preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support.
You will be required to have all round engineering knowledge of High-Tech equipment and Pumps Vacuum Systems. Heat Treatment Plant would be a significant advantage, but not essential.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carrying out on-site servicing and in-house inspection / repair / service of vacuum pumps and related equipment.
- To observe, abide by and enforce the Company’s and client’s Health & Safety policies.
- To always present a professional image to customers whether by telephone, in writing or in person.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with customers ensuring you are always punctual, helpful and courteous.
- Provide routine servicing and breakdown assistance to customers.
- Carry out installation, servicing and maintenance of pumps equipment.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of pumps equipment and technology to reinforce services provided.
- Timely reporting to the Pumps Supervisor on progress or delays.
- Timely completion and submission of risk assessments work reports, activity reports and all other documentation.
- Timely completion of site tasks and activities as required.
- Look for recommendations and opportunities to improve the client’s system, (reliability or productivity) and where appropriate provide quotations to the client for parts, consumables, pumps upgrade and refurbishment work.
- Liaise with the appropriate sales team on any potential leads.
- Provide feedback of any sales leads for pumps spares, overhauls, or new equipment.
- Offer feedback on future product development, features and function.
- Provide regular updates to your Line Manager on any issues that may result in financial, reputational or operational impact on the Company.
- Able to carry out and control repair / overhaul of vacuum pumps on equipment both in UK and overseas.
- Able to train customers in the safe operation and maintenance of vacuum pumps.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of vacuum pumps, equipment and technology to reinforce services provided.
- Liaise with other departments to allow effective and smooth running of business.
- Carry out ad-hoc duties as necessary for efficient operation of Company.
- Conform to Company standards of professionalism and commercial integrity.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience as a Pumps Service Engineer essential.
- Previous experience in high vacuum pump repairs essential.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to work well both individually and as part of a team.
- Flexible, able and willing to assist with other tasks as and when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive with a can-do attitude.
- An intrinsic drive to make improvements and continuously learn new skills.
- Full clean driving licence essential.
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship, City & Guilds Part 1 & 2 or equivalent or
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering, or time served equivalent in a rotating machine environment.