£25,000 - £35,000
over 3 years ago
My client operates in the area of health, safety and environmental compliance working with organisations to ensure they meet their legal commitment with respect to these important matters.
The Water Division provides expertise in all areas of water hygiene with a focus on Legionella, employing consultants across the UK to survey buildings and report back to our clients.
This position requires an enthusiastic, experienced water hygiene consultant with a strong customer focused bias. You will be asked to complete Legionella Risk Assessments and surveys on a range of very complex or bespoke systems and sites, including but not limited to:
- Evaporative cooling systems
- Process waters e.g. air scrubbing systems
- Potable water
- Air handling units
- Hot and cold water systems
You should also be able to produce system schematic drawings of the systems you survey. Returning and completing reports (using MS office based packages) to agreed timescales is essential.
You should be able to act as the ‘lead risk assessor’ on a large or complex site such as a power station, petrochemical, pharmaceutical or food processing plants, as well as a hospital, university or local authority and you should have a good working knowledge of BS8580, HSG 274 (Parts 1-3), ACOP(L8) and HTM 04-01.
Being available to travel throughout the UK given reasonable notice including overnight stays is essential, as is working to agreed standards and deadlines at all times.
- Completing Legionella risk assessments, from the surveying of sites to the production of the risk assessment report
- Auditing and monitoring of complex or bespoke water systems for the purpose of producing an audit / monitoring report
- Audit and interpret complex system monitoring and maintenance data including water treatment data and microbiological sampling results
- Sampling of water systems in line with current guidelines
- Attending client consultative meetings on request, including the presentation of completed risk assessments
- Delivering internal and external ‘Legionella Awareness’ Training
- Uploading results to an internet based reporting system using handheld PDA units
- Acting as a source of technical knowledge and practical experience; supporting less experienced colleagues and other group employees
Your experience is crucial to you successfully fulfilling this role and you will be asked to complete a questionnaire to determine your level of practical know-how and knowledge.
- Accredited Legionella Risk Assessment Qualification (City & Guilds BS004, WMSoc etc.)
- Qualifications demonstrating a good command of English and Mathematics are required
- Membership of the Water Management Society with a track record of completing WMS courses showing Continuous Professional Development
- A ‘levels or other Further Education qualifications
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Significant demonstrable experience gained in the field of Water Hygiene Consultancy
- Extensive Legionella site-related experience gained on complex and bespoke systems; including the risk assessment and auditing of cooling towers
- Good PC skills including a good understanding of MS Office suite (e.g. Word and Excel)
- Ability to write technical reports to a high standard
- You should be comfortable working with the Internet