about 4 years ago
My Client are seeking an experienced and highly motivated mechanical and/or electrical engineer to handle the modification, maintenance, repair and service of mini cranes and lifting equipment.
This role would be suitable for an individual with an Engineering background, ideally with an electro/mechanical background in HGV, Fork Lift Trucks, Plant Machinery or Access Platforms.
My client are Europe’s leading supplier of vacuum handling equipment, restricted access lifting machinery and mini cranes for the construction, rail and utility sectors amongst others. As a Sunday Times Fast Track 100 business and winner of HAE UK Hire Company of the Year, we are recognised for our first rate customer service, exceptional growth and innovative technology in the plant and equipment industry.
We are a family-owned business that is passionate about delivering great service and a can-do attitude for our large customer portfolio across the UK and Europe.
- Undertaking modification, maintenance, service and repair of mini cranes and lifting equipment
- Provide knowledge and support in the event of plant failure
- Diagnosis of plant/equipment defects
- To maintain records for health & safety and customer service purposes
- Visit sites to repair plant/equipment defects
- To maintain and improve health & safety in the workplace
- All other workshop duties as deemed necessary
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Engineering experience equivalent to NVQ L2 – either electrical or mechanical
- Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematic diagrams
- Sound understanding of health and safety requirements
- Customer Service skills
- Communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Mechanical background working on HGVs, Fork Lift Trucks, Plant Machinery, Access Platforms would be advantageous
- Administrative skills
- Resourceful and adaptable with high attention to detail