Packaging Site Engineer
almost 4 years ago
My client are looking for a qualified/experienced site engineer with both mechanical and electrical experience, doesn’t necessarily need to be in the powder handling industry but would be useful. My client do work across the spectrum of industry but predominately across food and pharmaceutical. The engineer would attend breakdowns, service visits and also installation and commissioning of our equipment.
- Work the “code of conduct” and understand the “priorities”
- Work without supervision within established processes and procedures and deliver accordingly
- Installation of packaging systems. Train operators in packaging techniques and its safe use. Deal with Health, Safety and Environment questions.
- Maintain written or electronic records of visits and activities in the format and frequency required by the client.
- Develop sales at existing customers by encouraging its use for more packaging applications. Propose packaging evaluation and design projects where opportunities exist for increased sales. Liaise with the Packaging Application Centre.
- Encourage customers to upgrade their packaging systems to ensure they benefit from the latest technical developments.
- Repair breakdowns to equipment and sell spare parts (when necessary). Propose Service Agreements to customers.
- Ensure you are fully trained and have up-to-date knowledge on all technical aspects of the company’s packaging systems.
- Liaise closely with the Customer Service Department on issues such as customer information, product details, pricing etc. to support the smooth processing of CSS and PPS product orders.
- Communicate effectively with the Customer Service Department and adhere to all administrative procedures. Support the aim of providing high-quality systems and spare parts administration to end-user customers.
- Maximise call frequency to customers through careful journey planning
- Responsible for your carstock management according to targets set by the company.
- Carry out demonstrations of equipment as requested to prospective and existing customers.
- Hold frequent end-user customer/distributor review meetings with the Sales Rep, in your region.
- Propose Service and System improvements to end users
- Provide training and assist colleagues on selected products / systems, leading and sharing analytical / scientific approach in troubleshooting and service techniques.
- Support (larger) customer projects.
- Carry out all assignments as requested by the Technical Sales Manager
- Support work colleagues in the Field with Technical Assistance as and when required.
- Good mechanical skills
- Strong, advanced troubleshooting capabilities
- Able to train and support colleagues
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel and Lotus Notes or similar)
- Professional telephone manner
- Willing to travel - has driver licence
- Good knowledge of English
- Strong customer relationships
- Excellent prioritisation of workload, effective travel plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills / ability to communicate at all levels
- Team worker
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Confident and self motivated
- Demonstrate good business sense
- Self-starter and demonstrated to work autonomously