£30,000 - £40,000
over 1 year ago
Assistant Service/Maintenance Manager
Employment: Permanent, Full Time
My client is currently one of the UK’s leading public swimming pool specialist. Our product portfolio includes swimming pool water treatment and filtration, moveable floor and boom systems, wave machines, water features and rides.
We are looking for a dynamic and organised individual to become an integral part our well-established service and maintenance business. This is an existing role within the company which has become vacant due to internal promotion.
The revenue for this department is currently approximately £1.2m generated through cyclical maintenance contracts and small order remedial works.
- Candidates should have previous experience in service/maintenance role at a senior level.
- With a customer database of around 1050 sites, it is critical that candidates have good communication/client liaison skills.
- The ability to cope with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Sound administration skills are essential.
- A practical/theoretical mechanical engineering background is preferred.
- Any experience of swimming pool water treatment and filtration systems would be advantageous.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office suite is essential.
- Full UK Driving Licence (clean preferred).
- Health & Safety training/knowledge would be advantageous.
Key Role Duties
- Assist the Department Manager in the co-ordination of annual cyclical maintenance programme and any breakdown call outs, including liaison with customers and management of site operatives.
- Reporting to customers any recommendations/remedial works required following a service visit.
- Preparation of sales quotations for maintenance contracts and remedial works. Site surveys may be required to gather information for estimating.
- Management of maintenance stock (parts and consumables).
- To offer general technical support to all maintained customers.
- Attend site & undertake site specific RAMS
- Undertake regular post service inspections to ensure service undertaken is to the high level we set.
- To process paperwork/documents associated with the maintenance department, including maintenance agreements, renewals, reports and correspondence. (Note: 2 x full time Administration Assistants are employed within the maintenance department)
- To source, develop and secure sales leads for the maintenance department.
- Procurement of materials, parts or consumables required either for cyclical maintenance visits or remedial works.
- To oversee health and safety operations related to any cyclical maintenance visit or remedial works.
- As a small business, candidates would be expected to demonstrate a degree of flexibility in their role, which may involve providing assistance to the Contracts and Sales Department.
Salary: (Dependent on relevant experience)
Car: Personal Car Allowance
Working Time: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm (Weekends – customer telephone support)
Travel: Frequent travel for short periods – UK & Ireland only
Holidays: 20 days for years 1-3. Additional day per year of service thereafter
Company Profit Sharing Scheme
Company Pension Scheme
6 Month probation Period