about 3 years ago
Skill sets to join our Service team.
The successful candidate(s) will be expected to undertake water hygiene/water treatment works as per the requirement of the Department, in accordance with agreed schedules and scopes, ensuring full compliance with relevant standards, codes of practice and legislation.
It will be essential to uphold Health and Safety standards and ensure that Goodwater’s codes of practice are always observed, whilst maintaining a professional image of the Company at all times.
- To undertake all aspects of water hygiene/treatment works for all types of water systems and water treatment equipment, as detailed on the assigned contract/worksheets, ensuring full compliance with relevant legislation and Health and Safety standards, and that Goodwater’s codes of practice are always observed.
- To ensure that customers receive the best possible service at all times, and that work is completed to the highest standard, including the production of concise and accurate reports for all work undertaken.
- To ensure that any problems encountered while on-site or any urgent remedial works required are immediately identified to the Operations Manager and/or the Line Manager, depending on the nature of the situation.
- To maintain good levels of communication both with the operations team and the customer if necessary, so that progress on allocated jobs is always known.
- To use every available opportunity to seek out remedial works or new leads for the Department.
- Utilise knowledge and experience gained to train less experienced engineers and new graduates, so as to ensure the high standards expected are maintained throughout the company.
- To uphold the image of the company by conducting and presenting themselves in a professional and responsible manner at all times.
- To maintain knowledge of water hygiene practices and legislation, and water treatment products and equipment, and to ensure any training requirements are highlighted to the Line Manager
- To assist the Equipment Department with the commissioning of water treatment equipment as agreed with the Operations Managers.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum ‘O’ Levels/GCSE’s or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of practical site experience.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of all water treatment legislation would be of benefit.
- Good computer skills, including Word and Outlook.
- Plumbing and/or electrical qualification or experience is highly desirable, but not mandatory.
- Full Valid UK Driving licence.
- Good knowledge and understanding of a wide range of water treatment plant – e.g. water softeners, chlorine dioxide units, UV systems, chemical dosing plant – would be beneficial.
- Holiday entitlement: 22 days per year plus bank holidays
- Provision of a company van and fuel card
- Provision of a tablet and mobile phone for business use only
- Incentive Scheme
- Service Award scheme
- Opportunity for career development within the company
- Working hours will generally be 40 hours on-site
- Working weekend rota (1 in every 3) paid as additional overtime
- Training will be provided as necessary