Up to £24,000 depending on experience
over 2 years ago
Role Title: Remedials Engineer
Purpose of role: To carry out remedials work in hot and cold domestic water systems
Reports to: Team Leader - Remedials
Location: Based from Upminster, Essex with travel as required.
• Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting cold water storage tanks and down service piper work in Domestic and Commercial Properties.
• Responsible for completing general plumbing work, including but not limited to, deadleg removal, domestic plumbing and tank installation.
• Responsible for upgrading of CWST to comply with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999, including but not limited to insulations, screened lid vents, screened overflows, lining tanks and removing tanks.
• Responsible for Thermostatic mixing valve servicing.
• Responsible for producing the cleaning and disinfection certificates upon task completion.
• Responsible for producing the remedials certificate upon task completion.
• Ensure contractual obligations are met on site.
• Coordinate with the back office to ensure appointments to complete the remedial jobs are confirmed.
• To undertake other tasks, as required, to assist the team to deliver a high level of service to clients, in particular, to undertake the work of a Water Services Site Engineer, if required to do so.
• INITIATIVE: Takes independent action; attempts to influence events to achieve results.
• LEADERSHIP: Influences and guides others toward identifying vision and goals; provides purpose and direction; motivates and enthuses others.
• TEAMWORK: Contributes to effective team output through cooperation, participation and a commitment to shared vision and goals.
• VALUE CREATION: Maximizes value, in terms of economic profit for the businesses.
• At all times, work in a way that demonstrates the business methods.
• To listen to and relay market intelligence.
• Maintain high standards in terms of personal appearance conduct and respect of Company property.
• Be prepared to work weekends (on occasions)
• Be prepared to work away (on occasions)
Qualifications required to do this role
• 5 x GCSE’s (English and Maths C grade and above)
• Any plumbing accreditation would be ideal.
• City & Guilds L8 associated course
• Any other legionella related exams or course attendances ideal
• Valid UK driving License with 6 points or less
Experience required to do this role
• Plumbing knowledge.
• Good knowledge of current health and safety regulations.
• Able to use the correct issued Personal protected equipment (PPE)
• Experience using 110v equipment (pool pumps, lighting rigs, wet vacs)
• Good use of hand tools (Hammers, hacksaws etc)
• Confidence in carrying out remedial works
• Knowledge of operational water systems and how they work
Skills required to do this role
• Willing to learn new technologies
• Working with others and working alone
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident and professional manner
• Excellent customer service skills
• Able to compile documents and reports
• Comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces
• Competent with PC and Office Applications