almost 3 years ago
To manage the workshop team to ensure accurate and on time completion of Works Orders for customer installations and repairs. This role includes planning the daily schedule for the workshop team and ensuring they have the resources to maximise their output. A key part of this role includes parts management to ensure timely fulfilment of part requests and engineer replenishments. As the company grows, new methods need to be implemented to ensure we are utilising automation and LEAN principles to increase the output of the function.
1. Respect the Company’s values and uphold the Mission Statement
2. Respect and support for colleagues always
3. Maintain a positive attitude to customers, suppliers and colleagues
4. Attendance & punctuality is crucial. This includes relevant meetings & focus sessions
5. Respect for OLI – Obedience, Loyalty and Integrity
Roles & Responsibilities
Leading and managing the workshop team – including
- Setting direction with clear objectives
- Giving performance feedback in monthly 121s and half yearly and annual reviews.
- Coach and support development and growth
- Understand motivators and engaging team
- 1st contact for questions about the company, role and expectations; and any issues or concern
- Ensure end of day checklist is adhered to and improved
- Creating daily plans for all the workshop engineers and ensuring they have sufficient resources and understand their plan.
- Ensuring that new works orders are updated each morning and reserved or marked not in stock. Including repair of reconditioned machines.
Personal Responsibilities Specific To Job Role
- Experience of managing a team
- Good foundation of technical knowledge
- Clear and professional communication techniques
- Strong personal organisation skills for example inbox and task management
- Produce a monthly stock repair schedule
- Works orders completed per person per day to be a minimum of 4
- Adherence to end of week shutdown checklist
- PDI errors less than 5 per month
- Customer repair days – Less than 10 days